When are floaters abnormal?
I've posted here before and I'm happy to say that I have no tear in my retina and while I was anxious about being blind, I'm much much better now but for some more assurance, I have some questions.
1) When are floaters abnormal? I heard people say when you get a shower, you should get to the hospital but what is a shower? 10-20? or in the hundreds and thousands? Should they be constant or only visible when your in a light background.
2) Taking into account the anatomy of the human eye... Is there any possible way that you could go blind any second without warning signs? Or wake up blind? I know tumors can put pressure on the optic nerve and cause vision problems but outside of that, speaking strictly about the eye, is the human eye made like that? Like instantaneous, permanent blindness without brutal head trauma or tumor?
Just curious. Thanks for reading.
1. Sudden new floaters that look like soot or smoke in the eye especially if accompanied by bright flashes of short duration and/or loss of peripheral vision.
2. I don't know why you are doing this to yourself.  It's like waking up everyday and saying "what's the worst thing that could happen to me today"  Not a way to go through life.   Yes it is possible to go blind in and instant or to go to bed and wake up blind. But it's also possible to die any day or to go to bed and die in your sleep. You need to move on and start working on anxiety, depression and a more positive outlook on life.