Eye Care Community
White Eye in Photos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

White Eye in Photos

What can a white spot in photos in the eye of an adult mean?  This adult has had a ruptured globe, eye totally filled with blood and sub-choroidal hemorraghe.  The Drs have said the cornea is fine but his acuity 4 months post transplant is 20/300 overall and 20/70 pinholes.   Thank you.
Tags: Whie eye photo
A white reflex in the pupil (as like the red relex that we see in pictures of normal eyes) can come from cataracts, corneal scars, blood in the eye (old blood turns white), scars on the retina, infections.   It is much less likely to be a tumor than a  child or infant with a white reflex. On this forum this year we identified a child with retinoblastoma a malignant tumor of the eye.

JCH III MD
Thank you!  The white reflex can't be a cataract because the lens was replaced when the cornea was replaced.  The Drs say there is no more blood left in the eye.  The cornea is new so that doesn't sound like a likely source.  The Drs say the retina is intact but can't explain the poorer than expected vision.  Even though the pin hole vision is 20/70, it is not clear vision.  The vision is blurry even when the letters can be seen, if that makes any sense.  This adult just learned today that part of the capsule has adhered itself to the outer edge of the pupil.  This in turn has caused parts of the iris to be pushed up against the cornea because the fluid that the eye makes can not escape and flow freely.  
Hello.  The Dr. said that this milky-white reflection in photographs is where dhs iris is missing.  Part of iris got ejected out of the recent glaucoma wound during the accident.  I forgot to ask - doesn't missing iris affect acuity??  Thank you.  Mooduk
Missing iris does not usually reduce visual acuity in a normal eye only make it more sensitive to light.

JCH III MD
I was looking back at my graduation pictures which were taken may 29th2009 and a noticed one of my eyes were just like red eye but the other one was bright white in the middle just like pictures if seen online could this mean anything?
duplicate
-