White Spot in Left Eye vision
OK, This is going to be a long one.
Wen I was 1 day overdue to have my baby i developed a single permanant white spot in my vision from my left eye only.  I would describe it as similar to when someone takes a photo with a flash and you get that dot in your vision, only mine is quite small.
The hospital thought I had pre-clampsia but I had no other symptoms so they sent me home. Sent me to an eye specialist who thought I had fluid on the macular but after running tests decided that it wasn't, suggested I wait until about a month after having my baby and if it was still there to go see him again.
2 months after the birth of my daughter i went back to him, he ran tests had a good look but there was apparently nothing wrong with my eye, he said that since it's not really bothering me and that I still havce perfect vision as far as the chart is concerned,  that I should just leave it as it may still go away and I wasn't really keen on gettin a heap of tests done being a new mother and rather busy :)
So now its 4 months after baby was born and of course its still there, thought it was pregnancy related due to when it turned up but i've been thinking maybe that was just coinidence.
Has anyone had anything similar and had it go away or have any idea what it may be?  I guess i'm most worried that it will get worse if I have another baby.
you need to see an eye MD for tests including amsler grid and macular and optic nerve OCT.

JCH MD
Can you still see it with your eyes closed? Does it change shade from white to dark gray  depending on what you are looking at? I have many such spots, and mine have never entirely resolved. The latest one appeared in my left eye on Friday and is quite close to my point of focus and hence driving me nuts. I've seen MANY opthalmologists about this over the years and no explanation has been found. I do know that in may case it is not related to pregnancy.
-
Something similar happened to me right AFTER I had my baby boy, to the point where I went almost blind out of my left eye. I went to see a Neuro-opthalmologists in Miami and Sarasota. (Bascom Palmer, people say they are the best).(?).  I had all kind of tests and they never could give me an explanation but, nonetheless, they put me on an stereoids treatment for over nine months. Now, 4 years later, I started again with the symptoms and aside from driving me crazy, I can't afford the battery of tests it implies, due to lack of insurance. I don't know what to do, what causes it, and much less how to cure it. How come the specialists CANNOT pinpoint it. Right now, I started having the white spot on my left eye (4 days ago) and I can't focus and, of course, it gets worse when I'm driving. Can somebody out there give me a glimmer of hope..of any kind???
Thanks.