Eye Care Community
White Spot on eye lid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

White Spot on eye lid

My three year old fell off the bed and hit her eye. She had a black eye from the injury. I cleaned her eye and put some neosporen on the cut. She went to the school the next day and the school nurse called me and told me that she had a white spot on her inner eyelid and it was running. We took her to the doctor the same day and the doctor said that it wasn't an infection but he was not sure what the white spot was. He told us he would talk to the eye doctor and call us back.  The white spot is in the inner eyelid towards the middle. My husband cleaned the puss of it in the doctors office but now it is just a white. It is not a bump and it concerned me when the doctor said they didn't know what it could be.
Sorry that's too vague to suggest anything specific. Your three year old needs their first medical eye exam at this age anyway. I would make an appointment for a complete exam to rule out amblyopia, a need for glasses, disease and to have the spot looked at.

Have your family GP or pediatrician refer you or if in the USA find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD