White bump / spot next to the Iris
I recently notices a white bump located next to the color of my left eye (iris). It is blood-shot around the spot and that eye has become extremely sensitive to light. I normally wear contacts but after noticing this eye irritation I stopped and am now wearing my glasses. Does anyone know what the name of this infection is? Is it going to go away on its own, like the majority of other eye infections, or will it require surgery? Please let me know.

This discussion is related to White bump on white part of eye.
Generally its called a pingueculum and while the most common cause is sun damage in contact lens wearers they are due to friction and rubbing of a contact.  

See an ophthalmologist Eye MD for a definitive diagnosis and to determine if you can resume contacts or need glasses or refractive surgery.

JCH MD
I have a similar problem. Recently my lenses have started to get very dry and irritating much quicker than normal, and yesterday I had to wear them for a solid 12 hours. This morning I had a bit of discomfort and looked in the mirror. My right eye is very bloodshot, and I have just noticed that there is a small bump (presumably a pingueculum).
I get the impression that this won't heal itself from other threads; is that correct?
That is a signal to leave your contacts out and see your contact lens fitter. While most pinguecula are due to sunlight damage to the eye contact lens can cause them due to mechanical friction.

JCH MD
What if you have never worn any glasses or contacts? could it still be pingueculum and from the sun a
Yes in fact sun damage is the leading cause and only a very small number are due to contacts.
JCH MD
I have a bump on whites of my eye by the outside
Of the color what is it should I be worried
And I always wear sunglasses but I am
Outside a lot though