Eye Care Expert Forum
White bumps inside eyelid

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

White bumps inside eyelid
Last week I noticed there were 2 very small white bumps on the inside of my lower eyelid.  The bumps are not painful and are about the middle of my (inside) eyelid.  There's also some redness inside of the eyelid as well.  Only 1 eye is involved, the other eye looks clear.  I plan on seeing the doctor but does anyone know what this might be?
Dear Mesk186,

These bumps may represent a few different diagnoses including inclusion cysts of the conjunctiva, chalazia or inflammatory reactions to clogged oil glands and/or internal hordeola, or infection of the meibomian glands.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California