Eye Care Community
White eye in Photograph
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

White eye in Photograph

While I was taking christmas pictures of my kids I noticed my daughter had white in one eye while her other eye was red and so was the other kids. The picture is in my profile. Should I be worried or is it a normal flash eye?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
You can use the search feature and archives to read about "white pupil" photographs. From this photo it is not possible to tell if it is a problem or not. I would suggest you contact her pediatrician and ask for a referral to an ophthalmologist.

Or you can go to www.geteyesmart.org to find an eye MD near you.

JCH MD
Blank
Looking over the archives of "white pupil"...

Have this question:

Without dilation, just exactly how much of the retina can the doctor see?

Can the optic nerve be seen?

Realizing pupils come in various sizes and responses to light, there must be a range.

Degrees please.

Thanks.

Don W.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Without dilation the amount of retina seen varies with: size of pupil, instrumentation used, cooperation of the patient, expertise of the examiner.

Optic nerve is generally easiest to be seen as it is in the back and near center of the eye.

It isn't possible to give you meaniful degrees because of the variables which could be from zero to almost 100%

JCH MD
Blank
Thank you.

Sometimes doctor pushes on side of eye to change field of view?

I've heard.

Don W.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes that is called "scleral depression"  and is used to better view the extreme peripheral retina.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank