Eye Care Expert Forum
White eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

White eye
When I was taking christmas pictures of my kids, my two year old had white in one eye and all the other kids were red. One of hers was red and one white looking. It should up in several pictures but not all, should I be worried? Should I take her to get checked.
You need to take her to an ophthalmologist right away for a dilated exam.  If it is present in more than one picture, there may be something wrong.  Do not delay this, needs to be done ASAP.  Find one near you at www.aao.org (there is a patient tab and a find a doctor near you search engine).

HV
Picture in profile.
I'm not an expert by any means but I just saw something on my local news about this... Here is a link to the report that I saw. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/fundraiser-held-to-benefit-toddler-dealing-with-rare-eye-cancer/
Thank you very much for you reply.
Looking at the picture, it may be just the optic nerve showing in the left eye since it is taken at an angle.  Still warrants an exam though if it shows up in more than one picture like that or if it is white still when she looks straight ahead in a picture.

HV
Thank you very much for the reply. She has a appointment tommorow at eye doctor.