White see-through haze in both eyes when I move them. Advice please!
35 male. This suddenly occurred 6 weeks ago while I was teaching my students in class. It definitely is a new thing.

Hard to explain, but it happens when I move my eyes left to right along with looking at something bright in the background.  As with my classroom with the bright windows in the background. Students in front of the window are quite dull indeed. But can occur in front of a bright laptop or watching TV too.

Depending on the brightness of the background, this white haze takes up 50% of my vision and flashes across in the OPPOSITE direction to the movement of my eyes. It does mimic floaters in the fact that they appear to keep moving for a millisecond longer after I stop moving my eyes. But they disappear a millisecond after I stop moving my eyes. They never block my vision as they disappear! Its more of one big haze in each eye. Not many smaller ones.

This began at a time where I was getting strange pressure headaches and some stress too. Occurred a week after a CT scan for the sinuses (all normal) and a week of anti-biotic usage and steroid nasal spray for suspected ear infection (ENT later found no problems with my ears). So I had an MRI of the head, all normal. Then I had my eyes checked by an optometrist. Initially without dilation, then the following week with dilation which included retinal photography and "puff test" of the eye for glaucoma.

Results all normal.

Still noticing this, another optometrist recently conducted a test with an OCT scanner. All normal.

I just came back from a skiing holiday and noticed the more usual floater symptoms (although ones I have never seen before) of BLACK squiggly lines and blotches in vision when looking at the snow.

Other possibly non related symptoms are dry eyes, noticeable blood vessels moving in towards the iris from all sides of the sclera. Random sandy feeling in eyes which at times appear to come from one of these blood vessels. Tender temples (although better recently) and muscle tightness in neck and under chin. Severe tinnitus!

Recent other tests: blood work including C-Reactive Protein and a Liver function test. Normal.

Thanks for reading my crazy rantings! Its just I have never heard of anyone discuss such floaters. Usually only small defined shaped ones. Advice would be appreciated.
Please see a post on floaters that I just put up, and tell me if it sounds like your experience at all. The blocking white haze is all too familiar. Not saying it's the same thing, but it does sound somewhat similar.
You should see an ophthalmologist and have him examine you for floaters.  This has to be looked for and test such as OCT look at the retinal and not the vitreous (except in rare cases).

Dr. O.
Thanks, however as I said, the optometrist checked my retina and conducted an OCT scan.

I am going again today, however this is the third time.

So can floaters be this abnormal?
hey cloadburster i have the same haze thign in my eye but from what i've read with the other comments you can kind of move them around when you move your eyes mine just seem to come and go as they please at random times they do come sometimes when lighting change but when i try to get them to come again i cant but they do come up more mostly when im on the computer
Cloudburster, It sure sounds somewhat like my floaters, but some of the other comments you made also make me wonder about something called temporal arteritis (your tender temples, sore neck, etc). The CRP test you had is one that is done to try to rule this out, but another is a blood SED rate test, which can check for signs of inflammation. The definitive test involves doing a biopsy of a small sample of temple arterial tissue.

Temporal arteritis is primarily something that occurs in much older individuals, though.

One other thing comes to mind. myofascial pain involving the occipitofrontalis muscle, and other related head, neck and scalp muscles. In addition to some of the things related to muscle pain, it also can cause weird visual symptoms.

Good luck at your next appointment, and please let us know what you find out.
Funny, I have had a few ppl comment on this possibility. I have today also been to a new doctor who I asked for a SED or ESR blood test and a chest x-ray. He agreed and I had it done today. I should find out tomorrow.

The muscle pain and strange tight tendons under the neck are a possible cause also. Could tight eye muscles cause such weird symptoms, I wonder.
It's all so interconnected it's hard to isolate. Certainly eye muscle/facial nerve, neck problems can affect the eyes. A fine down to earth chiropractor/physical therapist once told me about some fairly common neck, shoulder and whiplash injuries that can lead to visual problems. I can't imagine haze being one of them, but the visual perception might be altered, appearing like haze.

The tinnitus might also be part of the clue. Have you considered TMJ?

Here's a link you may be interested in:

http://www.dentisttmj.com/tmj/tmj-symptoms/tmj-symptoms-5-signs-you-may-have-tmj/24/

Ah you should be a doctor Trapper!

Yes the tinnitus is a weird one. Due to the virus no one could find? Or TMJ? Who knows.

I have been checked TMJ. The jury is still out on that one. I don't have the pain in the jaw associated with it but I do have bad clicking. One doc thinks I have it but my dentist disagrees. I have a referral to one of the best TMJ specialists in my area, but as yet I have not made the appointment.

I also have been checked by a chiro. Nothing major there but I stopped going to him as I wasn't feeling good from his neck crunches. Felt more dizzy!

Both not life threatening, so...
"Ah you should be a doctor Trapper! "

Well, thanks - I guess.

I've just done a lot of reading on the subject. I'm a technician in a different field, and it's in my nature to dig into problems that interest me, and I've been down the same road as you looking for answers to similar problems. Your symptoms sound so much like things I've been investigating over the past few years. I drive some of my doctor's half crazy with my theories and questions, I bet.

I researched the connection I just happened to piece together between 2 seemingly unrelated problems a couple of years ago that involved cellular responses to certain events. I'm no biochemist by any stretch, but the connection was too obvious to ignore, yet I had never seen anything in the available literature regarding this. I wrote up my conclusions and presented them to one of my doctors, and he was amazed at what I concluded, and thought I was dead on. Perhaps I'll see him present this in a scientific paper some day. (I won't expect any credit, and it may be I'm actually really not correct). It was a lucky find on my part, and I didn't understand the great majority of the science jargon I was reading, but sometimes getting the bigger picture is enough to grasp the obvious. I'm not bragging, just showing my curiosity.

Also, it's kind of nice to narrow down the possibilities in order to go see the right person first. That can save a bunch on medical bills, for sure.

Let me know how things turn out for you, please..
Tell us what you wrote down and presented? Its good to have a doctor that listens. He's a keeper. Well done. So what did he do about it? What's the plan?

I went to the Ophthalmologist. That was a waste of time. He did less than the Optician. I waited longer in the waiting room. It cost much much more. He said I had floaters. He said this before even examining me.

Anyway, I'm running out of money with this. Ha.

Let us know how you get on.
Clodburster, the more i read your description, the more I believe you have the same type of floaters I do - translucent sheets that move in and out of visual fields - not the black or brown specks. They appear as sheets to me instead of spots or cobwebs.  My retinal specialist tool one look at the good eye the other day and confirmed that he saw a huge bunch of large floaters. We are going to discuss possibilities after the other eye retinal stuff is done.

Trapper, its a possibility but mine don't pass my vision all by themselves. Its ONLY when I move my eyes and ONLY when in front of something bright.

An example, I am sitting in front of the bright laptop screen in the lounge room. I quickly look up to the TV, and I see this white sheet move fast down my vision. Then I look quickly from the TV down to the laptop, the hazey sheet moves up past my vision.

Its never just passed my eyes with no cause. As in, if I am looking out a bright window, the sheet doesn't just fall past my eyes. Never.

Strange thing is, once I stop moving my eyes it disappears.

Although no one can detect this, I am sure it is in the eye as it does keep moving for a millisecond after I stop moving the eyes. I think as soon as I stop moving my eyes, even though the cloudy sheet may be in my vision, my brain dismisses it and sees past it.

I've scanned the whole net I'm sure and only come across one, just one post that described what I see. Unfortunately the post was made quite some time ago and I cannot contact the person.

Follow this link from google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nfF9JkMLIJgJ:www.************.com/boards/eye-vision/721398-cloudy-area-eyes.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a

The actual link has been removed from the website so its the only way to see it. I will also post the summary below:

Can anyone tell me if these cloudy areas I see when I move my eyes are floaters? They are more noticeable in bright light . When I look up or down, right or left , they shoot across my line of sight in the opposite direction. I find them distracting, especially when I am driving. I have always had floaters but they are much darker and tiny.
That EXACTLY describes mine. Eye movement causes opposing movement across the field of vision. As I mentioned mine are opaque clouds that are not specks or cobwebs, but are like translucant sheets that move with eye motion and sometimes completely block my central vision. That is exactly my point of why this type of "floater" is so annoying and life changing and so underappreciated as a handicapping problem.

In my small acquired knowledge of this type of floater, I've deduced that they generally appears after a PVD - a posterior vitreous detachment. Dr. Ray may wish to comment on this.
OK interesting. Mine thankfully don't "block" my vision.. yet. Funny how the specialists cannot see anything in there at all!

My tinnitus is getting much worse btw.

Eyes.. ears... I'm not that old! :)

How you getting along?

Where is Dr. Ray??
Hi Cloudburster,
I'm 19 years old and I have the same haze you are talking about. But outdoors it is a black haze. First I had stabbings in head in one side, and since a while I see a lot of floaters and the haze you're talking about. My GP doesn't know what it is, he did examine my eyes but didn't see any deviations. He found a polyp in my nose so i have a little bit of clogged sinuses and I have a very painful neck and back.
Do you think this could be the cause of the hazes and floaters?
I hope you can answer this question. I'm sorry for my english.
Hey Sas

Have you had any other tests done? Any scans?

Yes mine are black when outside. For example looking at a bright sky or snow.

I also seem to have more red veins protruding into my eyes ... but then again, they could have always been there.

I'm thinking it may be Candida? My doc thought I had this a while before I saw floaters.

Its all a little bit like tinnitus. If you stop thinking about it you don't notice it as much.
Also Sas, can you find a place where you see the white haze? For example, the best place is in my classroom and I look towards the bright windows outside. I move my eyes left to right and I see it easily.

Funny thing, I got my wife to the same room in the classroom and she says she sees the haze too! Maybe she was trying to make me feel better though.

So try and ask someone else to see if they can see what you see.
No, i haven't have any scans because my doc doesn't thinks it's something bad after the examine. And I can't get a scan without his permission.

A place were I see the haze for example is when it's dark in the room and I look at a point in the room and then to the television, I see a white haze (it looks like the television) a millisecond later. Or when I walk outside and I look around I see the black haze a lot, and I also see the black haze when i look at a white paper or my computer screen. It seems like the haze is white when the room is dark and the haze is black when the environment is white. I have the same problems in  a classroom with a lot of windows. Notable is that I have it in one eye. I also have a tinnitus, it also seems like it's in one ear.

It's funny you're wife says that, because my sister says she also sees a white stripe. But I think it's just to let us feel better about it.

However, I think we have the same problem. The different is i'm 19 and you're 35. And a different is that my hazes are not in the opposite directions.

You've had scans and tests, and I think you have to trust the experts. Even if it's hard to ignore the floaters, hazes and tinnitus.

Funny is i'm from Germany so i'd look in my language on Google, but it seems like no one on the internet has the same problems. That's a good sign isn't it? It's better than the symptoms were from a grave disease.

About 4 weeks (pfff..) I have an appointment with a chiropractor. I hope he can explain my problems.

But do you think my sinuses and my neck and back can be a cause of this problem?
Hallo Sas, alles gut?

I've been to Germany. A little place called Paderborn.

I did have strange sinus problems and neck pain before this happened. I went to a few doctors. Some said I did have sinus problems and others said I didn't. I went to a specialist who confirmed I didn't have any sinus issues. But he did find my hearing was a little bad. This was from the tinnitus.

Sinus and eye problems do seem to be related, so I've read. Do you get blurry vision?

But I still do have the neck pain. Its to the right. It causes headaches.

I was thinking of going back to the chiropractor. I went twice but no help. I would try a physiotherapist first if you can.
My upper back, neck muscles are really knotty by the way. Knotty, do you know this word? Like tight rope. How is yours? Maybe this is related as when its bad it extends all the way up the scalp and into the face.

I'm going to try a physio and maybe acupuncture. I need to relax these tight muscles. Maybe I should start going to the gym?? :)
Hii, I don't know that place haha.
Maybe it's all about the neck, if we both suffer from pain in the neck. A lot of nerves are in it, even the eye nerves I think.
I have also a lot of headaches, but only when i'm in school. I think that has to do with the wooden chairs there. In school the headache are from 1 to 5 a'clock. At home I have comfortable chairs, so when I have a day off or weekend, then I have no headaches at all! So I think this definitely has to do with my back and neck.
So maybe our neck and back are also the causes of the floaters and hazes.

Personally am I really scared of a brain tumor. But when my doc says that's not true I have to believe him, right? And I think if you have that, I would have also other serious complaints, don't you think?
By the way, going to the gym is a very good idea. Or just walk every day half an hour. You'll feel a lot better!
Actually, I think we are on to something here Sas.

The tinnitus may be caused by the tight neck muscles. It is known that TMJ disorder causes tinnitus "When jaw muscles spasm the ear muscles react by pulling the eardrum too tight, and this situation can result in tinnitus." If the ear muscles can be affected by other muscles, our tinnitus may be caused by our bad necks?

I did have an x-ray of my spine by the chiro and he found a curvature of the spine. A lot of people have this but mine was quite distinct.

Anyway, regarding our floaters, we know the eye is controlled by muscles. And when the muscles get lazy we get blurry vision and need glasses. Maybe the haziness we see is related to the muscles. I know that I had headaches around my eyes which I realised was due to muscle strain.

I'll research more into this. I think its either muscle and/or nerve issues here. Especially when I have had nearly every test done on me possible, and all normal! There is no easy way to test for muscle or nerve damage. Maybe a good dose of muscle relaxant will prove something??? My wife is a nurse at the emergency department... I may get her to pick me up some for a little test.
Ha we are on at the same time.

No you don't have a brain tumor, trust me and your doc. You would have more than just a headache and it wouldn't go away.

I am a teacher at school so I am usually on my feet and then I come home and work on the farm. But I still spend too long at the computer... like now!

tschüss!
Thank you for saying it isn't a brain tumour. I can't think about anything else the last few weeks, and since a week I have the haze and floaters so you can imagine how I feel about that. I'm only 19...

10 october is my appointment with the chiropractor, i'll tell him my problems and hear what he has to say. Maybe he'll make some x-rays too. But I don't think it's a deadly disease, do you?? otherwise it was already known. I hope so...

Well, I'll keep you updated and I hope you'll do the same.
Bye!
One more question: do you also have the same feeling that there's water behind or in your eye?
I do have this feeling that the eye is heavy and in a way yes, it does feel like water behind the eye. But this feeling is the muscles working and strained I'm sure.

How did your haziness start? Was it after the headache? Were you stressed about something before they came on? Mine came on after being stressed, so maybe its always been there.

10th October? Why so long? How much does it cost for you to see the chiro out of interest? In the mean time, get a massage and see what that does.

And yeah, forget about it being a brain tumor. Everyone thinks they have a tumor when they have a headache that goes on while. Even me! When I started having headaches in my 20s I worried and I wasted money getting a scan of my head. All normal.

One thing we both definitely have in common is being a hypochondriac! :)
Haha indeed I'm an hypochonder. Thank you for the reassurance of the tumor :)

It started 2 weeks ago. Before that I had stabbings and pressure in my head on one side (same side of the eye). But that disappeared after 5 weeks I think. I had a lot of stress because of I was convinced it was a tumor. Because of that I couldn't enjoy my life anymore. I thought (and still think a little bit) I was going to die this half year. And searching on the internet for hours did make it worse.

After swimming a lot under water on vacation I'd get the haze, floaters and the water feeling behind my eye.

I have to wait so long for the chiropractor because it's a very good one. And he's very busy I think. It costs €150,-.

So we both have the stress in common. I think this definitely has something to do with it.
Hmm... again its like me. Your haziness started after some stress. So its just one eye for you? The other eye is fine? Do you still get headaches?

Wow, 150 euro? Mine is half that. Have you been to an optometrist? You should get a check up every couple of years in any case. Its free here in Australia.

By the way, I found that Vitamin B helps a lot with the head pressure and dizziness. I don't know why but I went off them a while back and the pressure came back. So I went back on them and it went away. Almost overnight!
Today I have a lot of stabbings in my head and I'm almost sure that it comes from my neck. Sometimes I have stabbings when I swallow, can this come also from the neck? I get crazy of it!!
And yes it's one eye and one side. Isn't that a brain tumor? I'm very anxious right now..
Btw, is stabbings the right word? It's like a knife cutting in my head you know.. Since a few weeks I have no pressure anymore but a lot of stabbings and headaches.. and the problem with the eye. Help me!!
Ahhhh yes I get this pain when I swallow too, on one side! This is what makes me think its muscle/nerve related. I have had scans done on my neck too about this and all is fine. Don't panic! Unless you are throwing up, falling over or passing out I wouldn't worry about a tumor.

Try what Douglas recommends here. He helped me with some good exercises.
http:// yhoo.it/QFjiCW
Sas, I'm concerned about these veins I see in my eyes. Do you see any in the whites of your eyes at all? I don't know if its just my hypochondria or not. I don't know if I've always had them. Now all I do when I talk to people is look at their eyes!! Bit I only see it in old people.
OK I went back to the optometrist to check (it was free) and he said all is fine. The veins could be just from tired eyes. Oh well, if he's not concerned that's good. I'll keep my "eyes" out for these veins getting bigger though! I take a photo of them every week like a crazy person.
I'm sorry for this late comment. I really had to laugh about the photos you take every week! I'm sorry for that. haha.  I recognize that so much.
I think i'm going to live in Australia, if everything is free there and no long waitings!
But I also think the veins are normal. I have them too. Did the optometrist said anything about the haze?
neeein, das ist Deutschland fantastisch. sie haben die Münchner Bierfest!

No long waitings? Well there are very long waitings for anyone good here in Australia. You have a better hospital system in Germany.

The UK is worse though. I know a friend of my German family in Paderborn who lived in UK. He would fly over to Germany for his monthly dialysis treatment. Germany had new machines and better service than UK.

No the optometrist said nothing about the haze, as he had seen me before. He dilated my eyes again and had a thorough look. He said use eye drops. Have you tried these? You need non-preservative ones.  

He said he has these veins too sometimes. But I looked at his eyes and he had lots of veins! HA.

As I sit here my neck is seizing up, when I turn it cracks! So I try not spend much time on the laptop... its the killer. I called my brother and we are going to exercise at the gym together. I think I need to build up my neck muscles.
Ha, this is a funny read: http://tarotcanada.org/_Cocoons_and_fibers.pdf It discusses how floaters were unknown not long ago and how people thought they were ghosts or unnatural beings!

Page 3 reads:
1) Spots and shades  
In “A Separate Reality”, for example, CC perceives “something like a
moth or a spot in my retina” that swept across from right
to left between himself and the fire he was looking at;
when he looks again, the same shadow glides in the
opposite direction. This appearance, reminiscent of the
movements of eye floaters, is called a “being” by DJ, and
later, significantly, a “bubble” (Castaneda, 1971).
Aha, well than i'll stay.. You don't know what you got until it's gone.

But I have this veins too, it's really normal and almost everyone has them.
Have you tried the eye drops already? My neck cracks a lot too when I move it!

The last days I have a lot of heart beats in my eye, and sometimes it hurts a little bit and sometimes I feel pressure on it. Do you think it's notable that my haze isn't in the opposite direction? I'm very panicked the last days, because I still think of a brain tumor.. Do you think I need to go for a 2nd opinion?

And when I lay in bed. I hear my heart beat in my ear. Do you have this too?
Having exact same symptoms after taking Cipro .... Have you had any resolution?
Forgot to mention.    Optho said allergic conjunctivitis, but definitely not. Have been communicating with some members on the fluoroquinolone boards with similar symptoms all brought on by antibiotics.
Go see an optometrist first Sas. Its more unusual to have the floaters going in the opposite direction I found, but they say floaters can go either way. So don't worry about the direction bit. Is the headache 24/7? I had the headache above my eye for 3 weeks straight.

Yep, I can hear my heart beat in my ear all the time. My tinnitus is so bad lately and my ears feel blocked. I am off to the doc again tomorrow so see if I have an ear infection or something.
Hi TvTipp. So tell us exactly what you are seeing? So you got these "floaters" after taking antibiotics?? Interesting as mine came on after taking a very short dosage of them too, although a different kind.

Although I can never be 100% sure I didn't have these before, I am 99% sure. I noticed them after taking antibiotics, a CT scan of the sinuses, steroid nasal spray, having a strange sinus infection and stress.

One of the above caused it I believe. Which one is anyone's guess.
Hey can you all do a test for me.

Take your laptop, if you have one, or turn on the TV in a very dark room. Black maybe. But try and get a white screen (like Word). Focus on the right side of the screen. Then move your eyes to the other side of the screen. Then back, and forth.

Do you see the white haze move across your vision?
Yes cloudburster, when I do the test you said I see a black haze on the screen. I have this also in a bright room. But when I look to the TV and going with my eyes to the other side, it's a white one.

But my headaches aren't 24/7, it isn't a headache but stabbings. I have them on the same side as where I see the haze in my eye (right), but not the whole day and not every day. So it can't be a tumor, right?
And I went to the optometrist already a few weeks ago, it was all fine.
Doesn't sound anything like a tumor. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/mindyourself/stayinghealthy/whathappens/brain.shtml

Thanks for doing the test. Sorry I didn't know you had seen a optometrist. Well that's good news!

Now we wait for TVTipp to do the eye test :)
Did the test - I see it too
So do you see it go in the opposite direction or same direction of eye movement? Hazy white or hazy dark?
Off to try physiotherapy tomorrow
Same direction and cloudy white
I think we have the same. Are they outside or in bright light black?
How old are you and what for tests have you already done?
Did you went to the GP? What did he say?

@Cloudburster: Let me know what the physiotherapy said!
Sas, well a very nice young lady worked on my back and gave me acupuncture on the right side trapezius. She noticed the tight muscles. I didn't mention my eye problem... one step at a time :-)

I have been more relaxed this week and I haven't noticed the floaters as much, some days not at all, even in the classroom. So I am still undecided if they have been there all along and its all got to do with stress. Only if we can find others who see what we see may solve the mystery. Maybe I should start a new thread asking for others to try this? EDIT: I just did :-)

By the way, I have noticed that my left eye has a double floater. One goes one way and the other goes opposite (with my eye movement).
What's the new thread? I would like to follow that.

I haven't also noticed the floaters as much the last time, but still always have the haze. It's black the most time. It feels like I have a lot of water in my both eyes, it plops sometimes. But the haze is in one.

Well let me know the url of the new topic!
New topic: http://bit.ly/RC4eXf
Hi Cloudburster,

I was looking for 'moving cloud in the eye' and came across your post. I have a similar problem and I was wondering how you are getting on.
Hey there

Wow its been so long since I wrote this. I have since found lots of people with the same thing. No one has reported anything to worry about. A lot of extravagant tests done by some (including me) and nothing found. No changes as in it hasn't got worse, or better for that matter.

What I think is that it has always been there and we have seen this suddenly due to stress. Most of us have had some stress leading up to seeing this haze.

I now don't worry about it and I really don't see it any more unless I look for it.

Keep well. I'm always around if you need to chat more. :)
Hi, I am so glad I found this thread. I have a huge white haze that goes across my vision field in opposite direction... it is really huge and annoying. Sometimes even if I don't move my eyes I see it blocking my vision, after blinking it disappears. I visited an ophthalmologist he checked my retina and gave me some tests - he did not find anything suspicious, but this haze is really bothering me. I don't know what to do. Also, I have a lot of floaters, but they are not even near being as annoying as this white haze. Is there any way to get rid of that?
Hi, I had to comment on this, I read your post, and was reading it kinda fast til I came to a part where you mentioned "Sand" like stuff, and then you mentioned the Tinnitus, I absolutely have this as well, I got those floaters like you mentioned, had them since I was a little kid, I'm 57yrs old now, and went to my husband's Eye Dr., he told me that it was a thing from back when I was a little kid, the Tinnitus I'm not sure how that happened, had that since 1983, I've got that as sever as it gets, just had some really loud and bad sound in my right ear, and thought to have lots of wax build up in it, my only good things are my left ear, almost my good eye, Lol, it's been hard to tell anymore since I've taken lots of the strength from my right eye to see good in my left eye, now my right eye, it's been hurting me lots! the stuff in my eyes have come to me more now than ever, my cousin also has the stringy goo in here eyes, I see her pulling this gooie stuff out of her eyes, she says it feels like she's got an eyelash in her eye! well, that's all I had to say, I hope you had gotten some kind of answer to all that went on in your eyes!! and your Tinnitus too!!!  Thanks!!          
No way to get rid of it. Wait 10 years and maybe the surgery available will be more safe to do. But for now, just forget about it. When you see it, just control yourself and look beyond it. There is no evidence that it gets worse or will blind you and probably everyone has it but its just some people pick up on it more than others.

As I said, I don't see it much any more and when I do I just keep doing what I was doing. If you concentrate on it you will see it. This goes for tinnitus too. If I think about it I will hear it louder than ever.

Take care.
Hi, I think I have to tend to agree with you about the Tinnitis, I once was able to control the sound in my right ear, and I, in my head kinda mocked the sound to kinda slowly get the sound down, Lol, I hope this makes some kinda sense! also, my eyes are sorta like the best of my face when it comes to things I need to do, like cooking and cleaning and reading my Bible! I have been ok with this stuff in my eye, my husband says, "You got eye poop in the corner of your eye"!!!, Lol!! it's just that stuff I get in the morning, not sure how it happens, but I get them, Lol!!! Well, this was all I needed to say, not too worried about it much, just was looking at these comments fore my cousin, she has that really bad gooie stuff that she pulls out of her eyes, it kinda looks like, well, if you got that, then I don't have to say that much, Lol!!! You Take Care Now, Twiggymarie  
Thanks a lot for your reply! Frankly, I feel a little better knowing that I am not alone with this problem, and this white haze is not the end of the world :)
All the best to you!
I am sorry, Cloudburster. My previous post was supposed to be a reply to you, but I misspelled your name.
Have a great day!
I have something very similar. The eye tests all came up nagative and the optometrist just said that the vision in my rights eye had deteriorated and I needed glasses when using a VDU. I'm not convinced though because if I move the eye I get a second or so of perfectly clear vision then the haze seems to drift back over it again, whether I wear the glasses or not.
It's very frustrating as it just came on so suddenly.
Dand121, you really seem to have the classic floater example there. My mum has one but it is in a different position in the eye where she can make out the shape of it, which is a triangle.

Anyway, I thought I would let you all know that I did a test with 16 students this week. I lined them up in a dark room facing the bright windows on the other side. I got them to move their eyes left and right a few times.

Over half saw what they described to me as a glob or haze sheet moving across their eyes. Only 2 of them saw the haze move in the opposite direction to eye movement.

The ones that saw it were quite startled stating they had never seen it before. Which seems to confirm my thoughts that we all probably have this haze in different strengths but most of us simply look through it.
i am having the same  type of problem. the optometrist doesnt seem to find any abnormality but i am having this fear of loosing sight and its just the start of career am only 22. does ur doctor will this result in loss of sight. though this is very irritating  the more i try to look at them the more i seem haze and the more stressfull i become. please comment quick.
Hi there

Don't worry! If your Optometrist cannot find anything wrong it is probably what we all have, hazy floaters. Read my posts above.

Nobody with this condition has ever lost their sight.

Cheers
Hi, I was curious to know if you have figured out whats going on?  I had Lasik about 6 months ago and about 3 months after the procedure I started seeing a large number of floaters.  Soon there after I began experiencing a flash of fog/haze in my field of vision when I look to the side, or move my eyes back and forth (most noticeable when in a darker room and looking outside or if I look at lights on the ceiling).  It sounds similar to what you describe, however, it doesnt seem to mimic a floater and doesnt move in any particular direction.  I definitely see numerous black squiggly lines and clear blobs prior to and after the flash.  There is just a flash of fog/haze then it goes away.  Its almost like when you breath on a cold window and it fogs up and goes away really fast.  I told my surgeon about it and he did a thorough look and said he didnt see anything, but he also said he doesnt see floaters either.  So Im not sure what is going on there.  Anyway, Im not sure what to do, but its definitely a cause for some major concern.
Hi there. It is true, it is rare for specialists to see eye floaters as they are so translucent. Your "flash" sounds just like what I have. Mine do not look like a floater. They do not have a defined border. Kind of like a smear of clear grease on my eye. Yours may be so large that you do not see them move as they cover your whole vision. But if you see them in the same conditions like me, which it appears you do, I would say it is exactly what I have. If the flash is just appearing for no reason (without moving your eyes or in any light condition), then I would investigate it further. At the moment, I really wouldn't be concerned.
Cloudburster, I tend to agree with TrapperV.  Likely post vitreous detachment.  

I have the same thing right now. Like a small hazy sheet moving in the opposite direction that I move my eye, but only see it when staring at a bright light.  The vitreous detachment started suddently about 2 years ago  and I went immediately to the doctor to rule out retinal detachment.  

The doctor said the vitreous doesn't always detach all at once. At a recent appointment he said he saw what I was referring to briefly in my eye but couldn't locate it second time, so it must not be easy for a Dr. to see it from outside.  He said it is not serious and will probably move out of the vision field eventually.

Just my experience, FWIW
Hi Nancy. It is always interesting to hear from others with this condition. I have found many have first seen this after a stressful period, as I did. Is this the case with you?
Yes, Cloudburster, it appeared a few days after I had cataract surgery in that eye.  Probably that was enough stress for more "stuff" to cut loose.  I am nearsighted, too.
Hi.
It was so interesting to find that you have (had?) exactly the same symptom as mine:
Since about 2 weeks ago, I see an almost white, see-through thing in my left eye, only when I move my eye. And mostly when I look at a bright screen (my computer monitor). And it moves in the opposite direction!

Today I did some small tests and some how concluded that it is the reflection of what I am looking at. I mean I think the white thing is not really in my eye. To test it I displayed different colors on the screen. Actually I couldn't see the exact change of color in the "cloud", but its density definitely changed accordingly.
Also when I turn my head towards one side, then this thing only sweeps (is visible) in the region that the monitor is located.

So... Is yours also like this? Is it dangerous?
(I'm still in the panic phase. Could it be a sign of MS?)
Well, I didn't mean "Interesting" in the previous post. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.
This thread has been inactive since 2014. If you want to state your problem I would be happy to see if i can offer any useful comments. JCH MD
hello i've recently been seeing these white haze floaters like ppl have said so i went to the doctors and they told me my retina was torn in the right eye and somwhat Detached in the left so they gave me laser eye surgery after that i still have been able to see these white floaters they come at random   sometimes more when lighting changes but i see them mostly when i use the computer
laser for torn retina does not get rid of the floaters it seals the tear shut so you would expect you to continue to see floaters. Floaters are more, or less, visible depending on the background and attention you are paying them. Discuss with your eye surgeon Eye MD ophthalmologist.
Also have your blood pressure checked. High blood pressure can cause blurred and hazy vision.
Hi, Cloudburster are you still around? I recently had this happen, wanted to discuss with you further! I'm big into researching health and finding solutions, I think we can empower each other!
hi i found out i get a white haze following my eyes when looking outside of a window thats bright outside if i move my eyes really quickly then look streight back outside i get a white haze flash when i took my glasses off now i  started get them when im wearing my glasses if i squeze my eyes really tight and repeat the process it goes away for a bit about 5 or ten seconds then its back again.
=
=
I have the same thing with the white hazy streaks when looking at bright lights even outside. I'm pretty sure they are the same huge cobweb floaters that appear grey when looking at a blue sky. But they look like white hazy streaks when they pass over lights like a tv in the dark or in a store with flourscent lighting.people here are thinking they are a different type than the grey floaters but they are the same ones they just look different to us in different lighting conditions. These hazy streaks are the most devastating about floaters for me.
There is no safe and effective treatment of floaters.
I have this same issue in my right eye. When I turn my head right, the white haze moves across my field of vision like a windshield wiper, moving to the left. When I turn my head left, it moves to the right. So, bottom line, do you think this is harmless>
It can only be diagnosed and a prognosis given after an exam by an ophthalmologist eye MD.