Eye Care Expert Forum
White spot on White part of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

White spot on White part of eye
My son is 4 months old.  Tonight I was feeding him a bottle in the car.  I noticed a bright white spot on the white part of his eye, next to the iris.  I thought it was a reflection from the light, but the spot never moved even when he moved his eyes from side to side.  It was almost glowing.  I had noticed this same thing before, but just thought it was a reflection.  Now I am not so sure.  In full light, I can not see the spot, and if I block all light, I can not see it.  Any idea what this could be?  Should I be worried?  
It could be a cyst of the conjunctiva, a pinguecula, or an abnormality of the cornea. See a Eye MD for a proper diagnosis.

Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD