White spot on caruncle of eye
Hi there,

I noticed today a white spot on what I believe is called the caruncle of my eye (inner fleshy corner of the eye).  It does not itch or hurt, but it is white and almost looks like a pimple.  The funny thing is that I actually went to see an Opthamologist yesterday for a general eye exam too see if I needed glasses, etc. but the spot was not there yesterday so I didn't ask about it!  I think I remember seeing something slightly white over the last week or two, but I can't remember.  But today it is definitely a roundish white spot about 1.5mm in diameter.

Any idea what this could be?  I tried to take some pics, but the resolution is not that great.  You can see three pics here though  http://www.flickr.com/photos/30042323@N05/2812831050/in/photostream/

Thank you very much!
You know I can't tell for sure. but something that comes up that suddenly us usually a very minor infection or some oil blocking a pore. If it doesn't hurt you probably don't need to do anything.
JCH MD
hi i just saw this todayon me  on the exact same spot!! i dont know what it is and its worrying me. it doesnt hurt or anything but it is freaking me out. help?
On bumps and lumps that come up to give you total reassurance you need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist

JCHMD
by looking at your pic, i have the same in my eye inner caruncle!  my ophthalmologist says to leave it alone, if its gets bigger or if its starts to hurt then come back to see her..nothing they can do for now ugh
I found out what was causing this mysterious white spot in my caruncle this morning: an eyelash was lodged underneath the white liquidy stuff. I was trying not to touch my eye, but I eventually rubbed it like I do naturally. Sure enough, an eyelash and the white stuff were both out of my eye!
Mystery over