Eye Care Community
White spots in vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

White spots in vision

For the past week or so, I have had spots in the vision in my left eye. I went to the eye doctor, but he didn't see anything wrong. The spots are usually white, so when reading a page, some words disappear and just look like blank page. The circles are small and perfectly round and do not move around in my vision. It is harder to see with the less light there is in the room. Any idea what this could be?
I have this exact same thing. The doctor couldn't tell me what was wrong but It is very worrying. Do the spots come and go or do they just stay the same, all the time?
See a retina specialist, you may need a macular OCT test. Also Google Amsler Grid, read about the test and how to take the test, then print out a grid and follow your spots to see if they change.

JCH III MD

Find an retina Eye MD at www.aao.org