Who will help us to get away from dangerous lighting --LED?
After reading the study of "The Influence of Low-powered Family LED Lighting on Eyes in Mice Experimental Model" in Life Science Journal, I am wondering who will help us to get away from dangerous lighting--LED. They have proved following result ," Histological results showed that the photoreceptor layer is significantly reduced in thickness after 4 weeks of LED exposure 2h every day or LED illuminated environment."
In this study, the light from low-powered white house LED output mainly falls greater than 400 nm. Moreover, as showed in the spectrum distribution, it exhibited a power-peak of at 450 nm within the wavelength range of the blue light. Consequently, theses data indicate that white house LED lamps might have additional risk of degenerative factors on photoreceptor cells of retinal tissues after lighting.
As higher-powered blue light from LED is known to induce retinal damage and dysfunction, they demonstrated the effect of photoreceptor cells on light-induced photoreceptor degeneration by irradiation from low-powered white family LED in mice with hematoxylin staining. Several studies were indicated that the thickness of the ONL in retina decrease after 1 day. In this study, histopathology study showed significant atrophy of the ONL thickness after 4 week period of LED exposure 2 hr/day, and more serious atrophy over time. Overall, the findings of the present study demonstrate that the thickness of ONL is decrease by low-powered white family LED exposure over time.
So who will help us to get away from this dangerous products ? Who can prove LED is available for human using before they are selling ? If all manufacturers are not ok to do it, just dont let them sell harmful products in the markets.

This discussion is related to Blue,white LEDs and Blue-light hazard.
-
Did you have any comment ?
Are these the light bulbs that are in our makeup mirrors that we look into very close on a daily basis , sometimes several times a day?

I had an ERM show up (scar tissue on the retina) after 50 + years of 20/20 vision and no other health issues.  I am now wondering if this makeup mirror light bulb may have had something to do with it ?  Also have IS/OS junction interruption in the photoreceptor area...coincidence, or light bulb???
Maybe you can get the answer here in the same study.
"However, the significantly protective effects of yellow intraocular lens filter through its blocking of the transmission of light against shorter (420 nm) peak wavelength blue light, but not against longer (446 nm) peak wavelength blue light. The light source from white house LED was detected the450 nm peak wavelength of longer blue light (Fig. 2). Accordingly, the longer blue light from the LED lamps was not filtered through the yellow intraocular lens and might was hazardous to the photoreceptor cells of retina."
I think after 446nm to 450nm , there is no way we can protect if we can them in the market.
Sorry, I cant read ur comment so pls kindly add it again.
In this study, LED exposure and study groups is as following ,
The 40 mice were randomly split into four groups (each contained 10 mice), including (1) white family LED irradiation for a consecutive 2-week period (2 hr/day), (2) white LED irradiation for a consecutive 4-week period (2 hr/day), (3) environmental light source with white family LED lamps (the illuminated light of 12-hr light/ 12-hr dark cycle with white family LED lamps), and (4) blank control (no LED exposure), as summarized in figure 1. All experiments were reviewed and approved by the Animal Care and Use Committee in Chung Shan Medical University.

The result is " Histological results showed that the photoreceptor layer is significantly reduced in thickness after 4 weeks of LED exposure 2h every day or LED illuminated environment."  

In LED illuminated environment, it will affect our retina and also how long you use , how worse you will get.
Thank you for all that information, and excuse my ignorance,,, but do you know if the tiny light bulbs in our make-up mirrors (the magnifiying makeup mirrors) are any of these types of LED lights ???

I have no idea what LED lights or bulbs this study is referring to in real life.

Thank you !!!
No one knows. All business men want to make money so who will pay the money to prove their products we couldn't buy.

Pray for God. Maybe it will help you to get the right one.

I hope it will help you to know and let more people far away from LED injured.
There is nothing I have to say.

Dr. O.

Hmmmm and here I am staring at a 28 in led monitor and my tv is lcd ,

Me oh my, guess I should, by all rights, be blind as a mouse!

Free white canes for everyone!!!!!