Eye Care Community
Why do I constantly feel my pulse in my Left Eye?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

For a while now I ONLY feel my pulse in my left eye. It really bothers me and somtimes it hurts. Especially if I'm driving. When I feel the pulses, the only way to make it stop hurting is to close my eye and put alot of pressure on it. Why am I all of a sudden feeling these pulses?

-Kate
It could be a problem. I would suggest a general physicial by your physician with special attention to your blood pressure, heart, pulse pressure, and check the neck and head for pressure noises (bruits). Also see an ophthalmologist for an medical eye exam.

JCH III MD
I am a 15 year old boy and I can also feel a pulse in only my left eye. I dont know if it has anything to do with being left handed, but I only see it when i am participating in acivities that involve work. The other day I was lifting weights when I was finished I felt my blood pressure go up and then I could see my pulse in my left eye. Their is no pain and dosent seem to effect everyday life i am just worried.
Globe......    you should tell your parents a bout the pro blem and as a minimum go in to see your family doctor for a discussion and to check your heart.

JCH
is it bad? I thought it was just because of puberty and what not because when I get up from sitting down I get light headed and can't see anything but other wise I don't have any other problems.
It may not be a problem at all but you need your heart listened to and some other things checked out.

JCH MD
Hi I am 18 and have lived with Nystagmus (rapid vibration of the eyes) since I was born. It has never bothered me in any way, i have never been able to feel it or let it effect my vision. However in the past 6 or 7 months, i have had small bursts of pulsation in my eyes. At first it was rare and i thought it was stress related but i have cut out on caffeine by ALOT gotten much more sleep and relaxed alot more but it is getting worse every day. Sometimes I am unable to walk without it bothering me to the point of me having to stop and i feel dizzy frequently and sometimes can barely tell im all there due to a hazy feeling. It has pulsated 3 times just typing this. If anyone has ANY suggestions please let me know im going crazy