Eye Care Community
Why do I see a black/white circle when I blink/look to the side
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why do I see a black/white circle when I blink/look to the side

Hi I am a bit worried about this weird symptom I am having. So usually when I wake up and I blink quickly I will see a white circle in the dead center of my vision on a bright contrast or black circle if looking at a dark wall. Also when i look side to side (for example if i look all the way to the right with only my right eye i can see the dark circle. I am 20 yrs old and have many floaters in both eyes. I have been to the ophthalmologist/optometrist 5 times already for my floaters in the past and gone through the eye exam where there look at your eye with a light and microscope/lens of some sort and everytime they said my eyes were fine and healthy. Could someone please explain to me if this is serious or any other tests I should do? Thankyou
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
This is normal.  Google entropic phenomenon.

Dr. O.
Blank
I suffer from the exact same problem!  I have seen these spots go on and off like twice a week, and today after I woke up I can see a small black circle that appears after I blink. I can also make it appear if I rub the affected eye. I am beyond scared....
Blank
My wife is complaining of this happening, first thing in the morning big black area spot sunflower on waking, then it goes, checked this and it is both eyes, I have asked about this before and reply given this is normal, any chance of a reason etc.

We have been to the hospital, they seem baffled, checking for stroke etc, to be given mri brain scan and eyes have been checked- nothing found.

She has low BP, hospital seemed not concerned, being nagged by me to drink liquid more, she avoids - due to a weak bladder.
Blank
The first question is are the fading dark areas exactly the same size to both eyes when viewed separately?

That is, one at a time.

If they are kinda, approximately, about  the same size, but overlap to both eyes (when both are open) it may be just te photoreceptors atrophying.

Non-professional guess.
Don W.

Blank
hi there, about two years ago I had this white circle in my left eye when I blinked, I cannot see very clear in that circle,I had it for about 2 weeks then it disappeared and now its back...I went to the eye exam doctor and he said in world war 2 some men were getting this, and they could not figure out what it was besides stress.I don't think I'm stressed.. .is this true?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...