Eye Care Community
Why does my eye feel like something is in it!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

For the past free weeks at least 2 or 3 my right eye has felt like there is something in it. This also effects my vision sometimes as well not greatly but sometimes i feel like my right eye is weaker then my left. Like when i close my right eye my left eye sees fine and when i close my left eye my right eye doesn't see as well. I went to my eye doctor and he examined my eye. There was no scratches nothing then he sent me to an eye surgeon to check it out and he didn't see anything either just that my Lacrimal caruncle was a little swollen and it had brown spots on it like freckles kind of. I said i didn't know if it was always like that or not. I haven't tried eye drops maybe the eye is dry? i dont get hat much sleep maybe 5 or 6 hours a day. It just bothering me a lot. that's all. I can get surgery to get my Lacrimal caruncle cleaned up and the brown spots removed. My insurance covers it. But im not sure if this is the problem at all. Please help. I would really like to figure this out.

ps: i do wear glasses not very strong i believe +0.5 in each eye. basically for distance.
spots on the caruncle are common like freckles on the skin. Rarely cause problems. Would not need surgery except the rarest of instances (almost never). You can try artifical tears Go to my blog and read about dry eyes or use the search feature and archives to learn more.

JCH MD