Why does my right eye keep getting red whenever I put on contact lenses?
I have gotten contacts about a year ago. However these couple of months I have noticed that only right eye is getting red (it looks like a red circle by the coloring) whenever I put on the contacts.It hadn't happened before. I don't know why. I wash my hands before putting them and taking them off. I take my contacts off my fingers. I don't use my nails and it only happens to the right eye. I used only one brand of contact lens this whole year. It is known as Acuvue Oasys.So I don't think I am allergic. I went to the doctor and they prescribed me eye drops, but I don't want to put eye drops every time I put on contacts. I put my contacts once a week and it always happens, only on the right eye. Fist when I take them off, it doesn't look red, HOWEVER after and hour you can see the red veins in my eye. I even tried soaking my lenses into eye solution that cleans lenses, but it still happens on the right eye. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE AND HELP ME. Thank you.
My advise is to work through this with whomever fit your contacts whether optom or ophthalmologist.

You may have lost the ability to wear contacts. About 20% of the lasik surgery our practice does is on people that can't wear contacts anymore

JCH MD
For whatever reason(s), a number of people posting on this forum (include me) have had similar problems with Acuvue Oaysis contacts.  In some cases, continued wear has resulted in a corneal ulcer.  (I switched back to Acuvue 1-day moist, and my red eyes quickly improved.)  It's never a good idea to continue wearing contacts that cause redness or irritation.  See your eye care provider and consider changing brands.  A change in solutions might also help.