Eye Care Expert Forum
Why is one of my eyes painful and watery?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Why is one of my eyes painful and watery?
For the past few days, my left eye has been causing me some problems. About 4-5 times a day, it starts to water like I'm crying, becomes very painful, and I can't open it for about 1-2 minutes. It seems to happen when I'm exposed to bright sunlight, waking up in the morning, staring at my computer screen for too long, or if I rub my eye. Last night, the problematic eye looked a bit more swollen than the right and was slightly tender to the touch. I started putting drops in it that I got from a doctor when I had an eye infection a few months ago. The eye isn't red and I don't have any allergies that I'm aware of, and it's only the left eye.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
517208_tn?1211644466
Dear genny666,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of this pain and obtain treatment.  It is possible that you may have a corneal erosion, inflammation inside the eye, or some other issues.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
711220_tn?1251894727
Sharper Vision Centers
Torrance, CA