Eye Care Expert Forum
Will lens implant help eye sight

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Will lens implant help eye sight
I had cataract surgery 19 years  ago with no implant. I  believe my natural lens was left in there after the surgery. Now I cannot see anything with the eye except for lights and  obscure  figures. The pressure in the eye was 46 but with eye drops it is back down to 24, DR says it is glaucoma. Anyway, it is ok  or will my sight improve with an implant
Only a doctor who has examined your eye could answer that question.  It all depends on whether the optic nerve or retina are severely damaged or not and that can only be discerned by an examination.

HV