Eye Care Community
Woke up with one Swollen eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Woke up with one Swollen eye

Hello everyone. I woke up with the right eye swollen today. The top of the eye is so swollen and seems like it is fallin on top of the eye. The eye feels tired. The left side has very minor swollen as well. The cause could be that i worked for a long period of time in computer the previous day. My question is what do i need to do to fix it. Is it neccessary to go to the doctor for a visit or it is something that will go away and dont need to worry much. And the problem is that my work relies very hevilly on computer use.
Thank you for your help and great information.

Best Regards
John
A stye or eye infection often starts like this. Best to call an ophthalmologist eye md physician to evaluate and treat.

JCH III MD