Would a break from contacts help my really dry eyes?
My optician says I have dry eyes and a dry patch on the centre of my cornea. In the last few months I've reduced the wearing time of contacts and its looking slightly better. When I last went he didn't say stop wearing contacts as he knows that's the last thing I'd want to hear but my eyes are mostly so uncomfortable with contacts that I wondered if a couple of weeks' break would help? I am changing my lenses from regular Air Optix to Air Optix Aqua and wondered if no contacts for a fortnight then the new lenses would give me a better chance of success?

My eyes are regularly stingy and sometimes with a slight stickiness when I wear contacts but I don't have any eye infection. In the air conditioning of the office I find too that my vision is sometimes blurring. I know that I have no real problem as I have seen my optician in the last month, I'm just kind of desperate that I'm not seeing any improvement.
You may need to change the type of contacts.

Dr. O.