Eye Care Community
Wrinkle after cateract surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wrinkle after cateract surgery

Hello,  I am 51, female, and just had cateract surgery 9 days ago.  I went for a check up 6 days after my surgery, I was told that I had a wrinkle and that was the reason I wasn't seeing clearly.  On the 3 rd. day after my surgery I could see very well, but now it seems like I am blurry in that eye, along with some light reflections....I think at one point yesterday while riding in the car,(it was sunny) I seen the lens that was implanted....I received the restor lens...it looked like a cirlce of different size circles inside it.  My Dr. thinks after a few more weeks the wrinkle will go away and my vision will be better, he advised me to use more drops then I was currently using.  MY question is:  Will this fix itself, or will I need further medical attention to fix it.  I am disappointed by all this.  I know it is still early, but I am praying that this will fix itself and I will see better.  I wear a multifocal contact in my other eye and right now I am seeing much better out of it.  Suppose to have this eye done later, but now I am re-thinking that.