Wrong Cataract Implant
20 yrs ago I had optic neuritis and lost vision in my legt eye.  Have lived fairly normal life with one eye.  For the past two year i have had a cataract in my right eye affecting my vision tremendously.  Finally had a winderful doctor that did the cataract surgery.  Had complications with the eye pressure and inflammation.  After 2 1/2 weeks my vision was still much worse tha before the surgery.  I now could not read anything and my distance was much worse.  Used steroid drops for 5-6 weeks, not improvement except for the pressure and inflammation.  Almost three months later I had a Lenstar test done to discover the wrong lens was in the box and inplanted on my eye.  Dr. does not think I should have another surgery because of the complicationsShould I contact Alcon about the error?

This is very unusual.  Why did you have problems post op?  Was the surgery complicated?  An IOL exchange should not be difficult.  Please consider a second opinion.

Dr. O.
The complications, according to my physican, were the high eye pressure and the immflamation.  I was on 5 different eyedrops.  It took 2 months to be back to normal.  I have to be honest I am scared to have another surgery, with having only one "good" eye.  My vision now is so much worse than before the implant and now that we know why th logical solution would be to have it exchanged.  Would you have any recommendation for a specific physician in my area?
Update!  I had a Lenstar test done that in fact proves I have the wrong lens in my eye.  Not the lens that is on my implant card.  Not the lens that the box stated should be inside.  If I could correct thi with a another surgery I would jump at it because my vision is so much worse than before the cataract surgery.  What do you think my recourse should be?  I want Alcom to be aware of this situation.