Eye Care Expert Forum
Wrong diagnosis
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wrong diagnosis

I have been to two different eye doctors because of my red eyes. I told them That i used a lot of naphazoline eyedrops and i am worried that i have rebound hyperemia. They both said that my eyes were red because i have Allergies, they both put me on steroid eyedrops but without any results. I did an allergy test and i am only allergic to pollen but that was not someting new. Its winter so this should not give problems in THE winter. So my question is, is it possible that both doctors are wrong. And that i have rebound hyperemia or ocular rosacea. My eyes are not red all THE time, yesterday my eyes were fine all day long but then i wAlked in à store with brite fluorescent lights and my eyes turned red and felt really dry.
Ps i am à 24 year old male with dark blond hair ,blue eyes and light skin from belgium. I dont have any symptomes of facial rosacea.
Kind regards