Aa
A
A
Close
X-rays
When I had my ReSTOR implant I was cautioned against any x-rays or scans of the head.  Is it safe to go through airport scanners?  I travel a lot.  Do they cover the head or just the body?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220 tn?1251894727
I answered this but it seems it got lost.

There are not precautions about x-rays with current IOLs.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I got my reStor implants over two years ago, and never received any warnings about X-rays and such.  Since then, I have had X-rays, an MRI,  and gone through lots of airport scanners, and my opthalmologist says my eyes and lenses are fine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1932338 tn?1349223998
I tried to do some research on the x-ray topic also, as I had both retina ERM surgery and Cataract surgery recently.  It appears no on can connect the dots between x-rays and eye damage, but I did find some articles about x-rays potentially doing damage to the bodys soft tissue...which the eye is.

My advice, and I am no doctor, is to not discard the concern but to use good judgement and not do any x-rays or scans that you do not have to.  Also, keep asking questions and researching the subject.  We all would love to hear what you find out if you would please share it with the forum.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for your comments.  When I return to the US, I will go back to my doctor and ask these questions.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
Top Eye Care Answerers
177275 tn?1438375244
Blank