Eye Care Community
YAG Procedure
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

YAG Procedure

Hello;
I had the Yag procedure done on my left eye about 4 weeks ago.  I have the piece of the capsule that is cut out of the center floating around in the eye.  My doctor says that it will drop down and out of the way and eventually desolve.  The  piece looks like the wings of a fly swishing back and forth in my vision.  This causes focusing problems, blurring and starburts on the lights and in general.  Will the piece desolve away on its own?  I has been about 4 weeks and it appears to have little change.  How long can it take before this desolves and is gone for good?  The doctor says that the piece isn't attached in any way, but the piece acts like it is hinged and swings left to right, right to left like a wiper on your car.  How long can it take before the piece drops, breaks up, desolves and goes away?  I'm in my early 50's and my health is good if these factors can make a difference.  
Thank You.