Eye Care Community
YAG Procedure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

YAG Procedure

Hello;
I had the Yag procedure done on my left eye about 4 weeks ago.  I have the piece of the capsule that is cut out of the center floating around in the eye.  My doctor says that it will drop down and out of the way and eventually desolve.  The  piece looks like the wings of a fly swishing back and forth in my vision.  This causes focusing problems, blurring and starburts on the lights and in general.  Will the piece desolve away on its own?  I has been about 4 weeks and it appears to have little change.  How long can it take before this desolves and is gone for good?  The doctor says that the piece isn't attached in any way, but the piece acts like it is hinged and swings left to right, right to left like a wiper on your car.  How long can it take before the piece drops, breaks up, desolves and goes away?  I'm in my early 50's and my health is good if these factors can make a difference.  
Thank You.
The pieces do not usually dissolve but drop out of the way. If its still there in a couple of months then the laser might be used again to try and break it up or move it

JCH MD
Thank you for your information.  Will the piece ever dissolve?  I have heard that the piece usually drops out of the way and eventually disintegrats, is that information correct?  If it drops out of the way I really don't want it showing back up in the future.  I'm concerned about the piece not only moving but dissolveing, disintegrating going away and not coming back.  Is their a possiblity that I could always be there from now on?