Eye Care Expert Forum
Yag Procedure

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Yag Procedure

Two days ago I had a Yag procedure for a cloudiness on the lens of my right eye.  I was told that this is common
after cataract surgery (which was done in 2006).  The doctor told me I might have some "floaters" for
awhile but these should be gone in "several weeks."  After seeing him today for a checkup, I came home
and as the dilation medication wore off, it seems that there is a film that frequently comes over my eye.
My doctor did not mention that anything like this might happen, and I am very concerned and disquieted about it.
Is this an expected happening and will it go away?  Should I go back to see the doctor about it?  I am
frankly scared that my vision will be worse than it was with the cloudiness before the Yag procedure.
Thanks for your help.    SuzieQ
I don't expect the cloudiness to continue to get worse.  You may have some capsule debris and/or floaters moving around in the vitreous, which is very common and normal but some people have more than others.  Please go in to see your doctor to discuss your concerns.  Chances are that your symptoms will improve with time but you definitely need to be seen if you feel you are having problems.  Get in touch with your doctor.

Michael Kutryb, MD
Kutryb Eye Institute
Titusville, FL
321-267-2020
www.kutrybeye.com
Suzie -- I just had YAG procedure today to get rid of cloudiness after lens explant in February. Are you saying the cloudiness is worse now? Will be very interested to see doctor's reply.
SuzieQ2000,

Did that YAG procedure hurt at all?  I am wondering in case I ever have to get it.

Have your eyes cleared up yet?  I sure hope so.

GH
Doesn't hurt at all..... a tad freaky knowing they are laseriing your eye but no pain.