Eye Care Expert Forum
Yellow/Brown Patch when looking through left eye?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Yellow/Brown Patch when looking through left eye?

I am a 22 year old female and have not had a problem with my eyes before. For the past 10-11 days, I was getting constant headaches which lasted for almost the whole day. The pain was like a heavy, tight band which stretched across my forehead and near the top of my eyes. My eyes began to feel tight too and I could feel some pain behind them. I went to the Doctors and was told that it could be tension headache and I was prescribed Co-Codamol which, thank God, has taken the pain of the headaches away. However, since yesterday I have noticed that my left eye is feeling a little different and strange compared to my right eye. I had some white tissue in my hands and when I covered up my right eye, I could see a yellow/brownish patch on the tissue, but when I covered up my left eye,  I could see the tissue normally. If I look at anything with my left eye only, I can see this shadowy patch. When I look  with both eyes, I don't see the patch anymore but I can sense that there is something not quite right with my left eye. It feels like it  is covered, almost as if I am wearing sunglasses on one eye and not on the other. I don't know if this and the headaches I have been experiencing are connected but I am really starting to get worried about this. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this. Thank you very much for your time.
1573381 tn?1296151159
You need a full eye exam by an ophthalmologist.  You can find one by searching online at www.aao.org on the patient information tab.

HV
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now