Eye Care Expert Forum
Yellow/Brown Patch when looking through left eye?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Yellow/Brown Patch when looking through left eye?

I am a 22 year old female and have not had a problem with my eyes before. For the past 10-11 days, I was getting constant headaches which lasted for almost the whole day. The pain was like a heavy, tight band which stretched across my forehead and near the top of my eyes. My eyes began to feel tight too and I could feel some pain behind them. I went to the Doctors and was told that it could be tension headache and I was prescribed Co-Codamol which, thank God, has taken the pain of the headaches away. However, since yesterday I have noticed that my left eye is feeling a little different and strange compared to my right eye. I had some white tissue in my hands and when I covered up my right eye, I could see a yellow/brownish patch on the tissue, but when I covered up my left eye,  I could see the tissue normally. If I look at anything with my left eye only, I can see this shadowy patch. When I look  with both eyes, I don't see the patch anymore but I can sense that there is something not quite right with my left eye. It feels like it  is covered, almost as if I am wearing sunglasses on one eye and not on the other. I don't know if this and the headaches I have been experiencing are connected but I am really starting to get worried about this. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this. Thank you very much for your time.
1573381_tn?1296151159
You need a full eye exam by an ophthalmologist.  You can find one by searching online at www.aao.org on the patient information tab.

HV
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker