Eye Care Community
Yellow bump on inside corner of eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Yellow bump on inside corner of eye

Hi there. About two weeks ago I noticed a little yellow bump on the very inside corner of my left eye. It's not on the eye itself, and it's not quite on the pink part of the inner eye ( caroncule lacrymale I think it's called?). I think it's actually on the eyelid but in the very corner, where that pink part is. It's not quite like a pimple. It's just a small bump that's about the same color as the stuff that comes out of the corner of the eyes. In fact, it actually just looks like a small piece of the stuff that comes out of the corner of the eyes, but it isn't. Same color though. I can't really find anything that matches the description online, so I'm not quite sure what it is. It's been roughly the same size since I first noticed it, hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller, isn't causing any vision problems or any pain. I still prefer to play it safe though and would like to know if it's something I should get taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it!

Patrick
It may be a pinguecula.  A change due to UV light exposure and dryness.

See an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
Thank you for taking the time to respond Dr. O.  I was under the impression that pinguecula only formed on the eye ball itself, this is actually on my eyelid, in the very inside corner of my eye. Could a pinguecula actually form on the eyelid?

Thanks again,
Patrick
You are correct. A pinguecla is on the eyeball.  This could be the puncta- It should have a small duct in it.  This is normal and part of the drainage system for tears in the eye.

Dr. O.
I haven't made it to the Doc yet, so I figured I'd ask again on here to see if I could get any clarification to see if it's something I should go to the doc for. I still have the same yellow bump on my eye, it hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller. It's been there for about two months now. It is right on the inner corner of the eye, where the lower puncta duct thing should be. My left eye does develop more "eye gunk" the my right eye, and often the gunk in my left is a little more white and pasty looking, it's not the same as the other eye. It's not causing any pain or vision problems, but even if it's harmless, I'd like to have it removed. So, does anyone have any ideas what could cause a yellow sac or bump to be present over the lower puncta duct on the inner corner of an eye? Thanks for your time!