Zigzag lines in peripheral vision and stroke
I read that women who experience zigzag lines in their peripheral vision have a greater risk of stroke and heart disease. Is this true and if so, what course should I take to determine if I am at a higher risk and how I can prevent stroke? I am a 55 year old woman with no history of heart disease, but I do have hyperlipidemia controlled with medication. Thank you for any information you can provide.
Yes, if due to migraine.  You need to discuss the particulars with your neurologist.

Dr. O.
What is it about the vision problem that would cause a person to have a higher risk of stroke or heart issues ?   I too have the zig zag lines in both eyes when I look into brightness,  such as being outside on a sunny day or even just looking out the window when it's sunny outdoors.  I too am 55,  what is the reason behind this for increasing the risk of future health concerns ?   Just curious for an answer .   I have told my eye doc  (m.d.) about this with each 2 year visit,  and he thinks nothing of it.  I've been experiencing this for about 10 years.  I do get optic migraine,  but only about one episode per year,  I do not get a headache with it.   Just the visual disturbance that lasts about 20 minutes,   followed by the strong desire for a long sleep.  
Thank you for reading .
You should Google Migraine and strokes.  Basically, the visual aura is caused by constriction of the blood vessels in the visual cortex.  A smaller diameter blood vessel is prone to closing off (heart attach in the heart, stroke in the brain).

Dr. O.
That makes sense to me. I also suffer from a herniated C4-C5 disc. Could pressure from the hernia be constricting a vessel?