about Eye Floaters
Hi sir its me kamran from pakistan,i used to seen you site,but i couldnt post my question,sir i m 23 years old and doing study in universtiy,dr sahib my problem is that i keep floaters in my eyes always and every time,so i am in troubling,my elder brother also is in same problem he see eye floaters in both eyes and i also see eye floaters in both eyes but my left eye one big floaters are moving always and right eyes has little floaters,i have treated many doctors in pakistan but they said me that there is no treatment of eyes.so thats why i am in too much troubling i cant go out becuase of floaters move always in both eyes so plz tell me any drops or any treatment of eys floaters?i hope you will help me and reply me soon ok thanks
kamran
You can use the search feature on this page to look at the many discussions we have had of floaters. There is no cure for floaters:  there is no eyedrop or pill that makes them go away and surgery to remove them is expensive, dangerous causes cataracts and almost never indicated.

By age 50 over half of us have floaters.  If you have had your eye examined and it has no problem other than floaters then you have no good options to get rid of them. I have floaters in both eyes. Most people can learn to ignore or "tune them out".

JCH IIIMD
Regarding floaters-=

There seems to be more 'advertising' of the FOV treatment of floaters (Floaters only Vitrectomy).  Said to be a 10-15 minute procedure,with minimal 'down time', and no face down healing required.  Eye MD's I've recently talked to, don't like the vitreolysis treatments, saying it is more likely to cause problems than FOV.  What's your opinion on this FOV alternative, Dr. H.?
russell903    
I think it will bankrupt every insurance company, national heath service, Medicare, medicaid if floaters are treated with vitrectomies. PLUS the expense you have the risks of RD, infeciton, bleeding,  and especially catract formation.  

The only ones that will benefit are the surgeons doing the vitrectomies.

I have no regard to FOV.  

JCH III MD