Eye Care Community
about a one year old with a stye
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

about a one year old with a stye

My one year old daughter has a stye on her right eye and it swollen an red with drainage. wht should i do?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You should take her to the eye doctor so they can tell you what to do. The stye will go away. But you should get it taken care of right away before it gets worse because if it does, it can make her eye sight worse in her right eye. Don't let her touch it or itch it you dont anymore bacteria to get into it. But i suggest you take her to an eye doctor so you know exactly what to do.
Blank
1280088_tn?1335916468
yes take her to the hospital.
Blank
Hi, I'm a nurse from the ER. No need to rush her into the hospital where she can get more than you bargain for.
1. Make an appointment with her pediatrician.
2. In the mean time, clean the discharge with filtered or bottled water.
3. As much as you can, apply warm (be careful with the temperature please, just slightly warm, babies' skin is very delicate) moist compresses to the affected eye, this will make the drainage get out more easily. Just get a clean small towell, wet it a little bit in warm water, and apply.

REMEMBER JUST SLIGHTLY WARM AND CONTINUED WILL DO, HOT WILL BURN!!!!
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes unless the child is very ill and feverish (very unlikely with a stye, more common with orbital cellulities) it is better to work through your pediatrician and a lot less expensive.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank