after silicon oil removing problems.
my daughter undergone silicon oil surgery and the oil was removed a year back, but now from last week her eye sight failed and she is able to see litle bit, i consulted a doctor and he told me it is because of silicon oil remaining and the same need to be removed, please suggest what to do?.

Get a second opinion from a different Retina Eye MD ophthalmologist. If told the same thing then go ahead and remove the oil. Oil does not form in the eye but sometimes all of it cannot be removed.

BE SURE TO PROTECT THE GOOD EYE FROM DISEASE AND INJURY.

JCH MD
I had silicon oil surgery and after a few months was told that the oil could not be removed, because of scarring and that it could remain in the eye indefinitely.  I started with periferial vision and has since then lost complete sight in the eye.  Now what.  Can we trust that all is being done in the medical community to insure complete recovery.  Are these surgeries being done with the knowledge of the surgeon, that there is a low percentage of recovery.  If I had not been told that 60% of vision could be regained by the surgery, I may not have had the surgery.  It's scary not to be able to trust that your best interest is being done and not the billing of the surgery itself.  thanks very concerned
Your problem is ultra serious and left untreated the eye usually goes totally blind and may become painful.  It is not a high sucucess procedure like cataract/IOL surgery. It is long, drawn out stressful and sometimes painful.

My suggestion would be to get and indpendent second opinion from another retinal specialist. Above all protest the other eye from disease or injury and have examined every 6 months indiefinitely.

JH MC
Hello sir My mother got operated for the retinal attachment. First the doc tried attaching the retina with the help of a buckle then after 7 days when it did not work then he used silicon oil after 7 days. now its been almost 1 & half month after the surgery and the doc said that he will remove the oil after 6 month from the date of operation. I just wanted to know what happens after 6 months when the oil is removed. Also what are the precautions that she needs to take care off through out her life so that she doesn't looses her eyesight.

Thanks & regards,
Ankur
Silicon oil is used for only the most difficult cases and their is a high likelihood that the eye will not recover normal vision in fact the vision may be poor to bad. You will need to discuss that with the surgeon and even he/her may not be able to give you a prognosis.

The most important thing is to protect the remaining eye from disease and injury. They means eye protection, living a healthy lifestyle, avoiding activities with high chance of eye injury, wearing eye protection for things like mowing lawn, power tools, firearms, etc. She needs to see an ophthalmologist every 6-12 months the rest of her life.

JC MD