Eye Care Community
air bubbles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

air bubbles

HI:  I have air bubbles now 4 going on 5 months i had an injection from avastin for vitreous hemorrhaging; that problem got fixed but am putting up with these annoying bubbles; they have gotten a lot smaller and blurrier; is there a treatment for these?  I have been using dry tear gel but it helps only for so much.  Any ideas?  I want this over.  Thanks; Barb.

This discussion is related to Air in eyes.
Air bubbles in the vitreous will absorb usually in days to weeks. Ask your surgeon for specifics next visit.

JCH III MD
Hi Dr.  I got great news they said it should be by this summer because a very large injection was put in my eye.  They are finally fading and clearing like water and the nurse said that it is going away.  This has taken a long time.  Barb
-----------------------
Well; Dr. Hagan; looks like my nightmare is going to be over soon.  I talked to my rs and told him how much the bubble is bothering me; went to another doctor who saw the bubble too and my rs is willing to remove the air bubble.  I am very happy about this that he is willing to do this.  He just did not release how this was blurring my vision from the bubble and bothering me; I think going for a second opinion got him concer; he offered to do this; go in for consult tomorrow and scheduling if necessary; he may even say that it is going away and almost gone; so that would be great; it is swimming around faster and smaller and is clearing up like liquid; i don't see the vapor too much anymore and can see through it better.  Well; i am happy to get help.  I will keep you posted; thanks for helping me through this rough time.  It was nice that he called me back; he just did not release how much the bubble was bothering; it is inside my eye is what the doctors are telling me.  Will keep you posted.  Barb