Eye Care Community
angle narrowing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

angle narrowing

I have been using pilocarpine 2 % Eye Drops for almost a year.(I have angle narrowing in both of my eyes).and now for the past 2 days I have been having redness in one of my eye is this bad?
Tags: eyes
I don't know where you live but pilocarpine for narrow angles is antiquated therapy that I haven't used in 20+ years. If you have narrow angles you need a laser irodotomy (hole in the iris), it will open the angles and prevent angle closure. Prolonged use of pilocarpine makes the pupil still and frozen small preventing a satisfactory view of the retina.

I cannot tell you why your eye is red. Angle closure is a cause of red eye but usually blurred vision, severe pain, nausea and vomiting. I would get to the closest MODERN ophthalmology clinic you can.

JCH MD