Eye Care Community
arcus senilis reversal treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

arcus senilis reversal treatment

I am lowering my cholesterol with diet and exercise, is their a eye drop solution that I can use to help eliminate the gray circle around my eye?
No.  Diet change will not help either.  The deposits are usually permanent.
Is there any minor surgery can be done to remove the grey area formed ?
There is a non-surgical cure. I am about half-way through the treatment right now.  The rings are measurably narrower, have changed from blue to gray, and have darkened. I will report when the cure is complete, along with details. Traditional medicine traditionally discredits alternative medicine, without bothering to investigate its claims or cures.
Interested in knowing what the treatment is.  Was told there was no reversing it.
I would very much appreciate any help or direction for reversing or reducing the effects of arcus senilis.  I have to believe there is help out there.  Thank you, kathy
There is a European treatment that I am using. The rings on my eyes have further improved since I last posted. In my right eye one section is now barely discernible. It has also improved my cataracts. In one year (Nov. 2009 to Nov. 2010) my visual acuity has progressed from 20/100 to 20/50 (left eye), and from 20/70 to 20/40 (right eye). My retinal specialist is following the improvement and I next see him in May 2011. I have macular degeneration in my left eye. There are minor changes, but I am not sure what they mean. However, the cloud has thinned sufficiently for me to be able to read through it. I have just started using saffron for the condition, as recommended by the retina specialist. By the way, he knew of the drops I am using, but did not know they were available in the U.S.

I was prepared for cataract surgery and had already chosen a monofocal lens. However the retina specialist now says I no longer need surgery.
I am using MSM drops (which I make myself) and drops that contain l-carnosine. I use one drop of each three times a day and take the weekends off. (I prepare the saffron myself.) I dream of one day discarding my eyeglasses, but that is probably a dream. But who knows? I found only two studies on the drops and neither went beyond one year. I will continue the regimen until there is no longer any improvement. Two years? Three years? I have plenty of time.
Addendum. The MSM is to make the structures of the eye more elastic and permeable. The l-carnosine drops remove debris. While using the drops you cannot take lutein, zeaxanthin, or n-acetyl-cysteine. The only studies available use only l-carnosine. I picked up the advantage of MSM from a patent application which included it in a treatment.
Can you please tell me what you did, in terms of how often you took what and in what form, to improve your cataracts and arcus senilus? I too have cataracts and wish to reverse the situation. Also, how do you make your own drops? And why not to use lutein , zeanathin and NAC while using the l-carnosine? Can one use astaxanthin? other supplements?
My God Allmymarbles you are a godsend! Traditional medicine needs to stand up and take notice. We are tired of being over medicated and sent for surgeries we just don't need. What happened to the Hippocratic oath "Do no harm..?"  Stop abusing our health and threatening our lives to pad pocketbooks and Big pharma.

Instead of banning herbal products and vitamins they would do well to realize their Draconian measures are not needed and not wanted. Because at the end of the day where there is a will there is a way...
Nearly a year has passed since you first posted about this.  I'd be very happy to hear what you have to say now, given the passage of time.

My arcus senilus has been an awful thing and until now, I've had no hope.
Would you be so kind as to tell me the exact protocol that you are using to treat your arcus senilis?  Thanks, Susan
I was afraid when I saw the white rings around my eyes.....my Dad had them really bad and he died from heart.....plus breathing problems.......Could you share with me your treatment to remove the rings and hopefully clean out my blood vessels.......best direct to ***@**** you.....Linda
Hi, What happened to the outcome of your treatment? I'm interested becasue both of my eyes now have complete grey rings..
thanks for your time
Hi can you please tell me where to purchase the drops you are making for your eyes, and how do you mix them. Thank you.

Feroza