Eye Care Expert Forum
babies pupils

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

babies pupils
my 7 month old little girl's left pupil dilates to a different size than the right pupil is this something thing i should get checked out
I would first see the pediatrician then get a referral, if deemed necessary, to see a pediatric ophthalmologist.  Generally, the pupils should be mostly equal, so I think it is reasonable to have this checked out.

Michael Kutryb, MD
hello, my 4 months baby has une pupils a little smaller (less than 1 mm)than the other one in situation when the ilumination is poor, it is no always present, she doesn,t has anhydrosis but that eye looks a little smaller .it is a situation of concern??
-born by cesarea due to breech presentation
- notice it since 1  months
-milestones:OK
what are the causes?