bilateral white reflection in photo
A recent photo of my 3 yr old daughter showed a large bright white reflection in both eyes. The photo was taken from a mobile phone in daylight not using a flash. Her friend sitting next to her has a normal red reflex in both eyes. A friend who is an optometrist has checked her eyes using an ophthalmoscope (undilated) and red reflex is present and no obvious sign of retinoblastoma seen. I am still worried and want to know if a small tumour was present could it cause a bright white reflex i.e do only big tumours cause leukocoria and so it is still possible that a small tumour has been missed? Also would it be possible for optic disc reflection to cause bilateral leukocoria simutaneously? I would appreciate advice.
Please take your daughter to an ophthalmologist.  White reflex is one sign of an eye tumor.

Dr. O.