black circles or spots on top of distant lights
I had a blunt trauma about a year ago on the eye from a tennis ball hit. After this, I started seeing an ocational flash of light (always the same) and a notorious floater. The light flashes have diminished to almost non existant with time. No retinal detatchment acoording to MD.

About 3 mo ago, I had a bad case of pink eye -conjunctivitis-. Acoording to my eye MD Corneal scars left in the cornea and are causing me to see halos around light sources.

about 1 month ago, I started seeing a black spot, or circle on top of green traffic lights. Did not pay much attention because I tought they were related to the corneal scars. About 1 week ago I realized that now I see this black circle on top of every light source (regardless of its color). Its small, but noticeable, specially if the light source is far away. After some experimenting I also realized that the hole becomes larger, or actually becomes increasingly noticeable If I focus close while "looking" at a distant light (crossing the eyes seems to do the trick). The light obviously becomes this unfocused large circle and this is when I can clearly see a black circle on top of it (about half the lights diameter, right in the middle).

I can only see this with my right eye.

So my question is, whats really causing me to see this black holes? Will they go away? Get better? worse? I think the doc checked my macula 1 month and a half ago, but im not quite sure. At the time everything checked out okay.

I had a checkup scheduled that is 1 month and a half away from today and im not sure if I should get this checked ASAP or not.
There is no way I can tell for sure and you should go in to see  your Eye MD ophthalmologist. However based just on frequency its likely that your "pink eye" was an adeno-virus infection and that it left you with "corneal inflitrate" (small, cloudy, superficial whitish lesions) and that in your right eye they are in the visual axis, ie the part of the cornea you look through.

How prominent the black circle will vary depending on pupil size which in turn will vary getting smaller when you intentially cross your eyes.

Use Google images and look at pictures of "EKC corneal infiltrate" and "adenovirus corneal infiltrates".

Discuss with you Eye MD.

JCH MD
Hi! I have the exact same symptoms (black holes on all distant lights from one of my eyes) that started about a month after a pink eye. Did you get your issue diagnosed and/or fixed?
That post is 5 years old. Consider a new post