Eye Care Community
black eye for 2 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

black eye for 2 months

i had a black eye from a blow to the face i don't no why but i didn't put ice on it.it has been about 2 months and 3 days ago and now my eye is like a brownish color will it ever go away? what can i do to make it heal faster?
Avatar n tn
are you talking about the bruising around your eye, or actual eye damage (like blood on the white)?  My boyfriend got in a bad fight and the bruising didn't go away completely for probably at least 2 months (although it wasn't more than a week or two before it faded to yellow-green).  He had blood on the white of his eye for longer, which slowly faded to yellow (not brown).  Your eye absorbs the blood very slowly so if it's bad, it does take a while.  But those two issues are not serious, it's just a long healing process.  If it doesn't sound like the same thing as you have, then you may have injured your eye worse.