black spot and shimmering light
DSC
I have had vitreous separtion in both eyes over the last couple of weeks with the onset of seeing a circle of flashing lights and was told this is a normal aging process.  Now have a lot of floaters which is also supposed to be normal.   Several tears were found which were repaired by a retinal specialist.  I am now seeing in the left peripheral where one of the repairs took place a black round spot which comes and goes but now there is shimmering light in the same area, especially when moving from light to dark areas.  I had this checked and was also told this will also go away.  Have you ever heard of these "effects" from the laser treatment?  
Yes.

JCH MD
DSC
Thank you doctor for your quick response!  So I assume these symptoms will all dissipate over time.  
Generally that is the case. Make sure you follow up closely with your retinal eye MD.
JCH MD