Eye Care Expert Forum
black spots in my eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

black spots in my eyes
I have small black spots in my eyes at the sclera(the white area) I was borned with them so as i was borned I was taken to an eye doctor to examine these black spots and he said it's a normal thing but he wasn't a very good doctor anyway till now I still have them they are only in the sclera not the cornea or the conjunctiva I am 14 please help I am really worried I am going to a doctor soon but I am kinda scared so please make me feel better :)
Thank you
This is probably normal melanosis.  Melanosis causes small brown or black patches on the sclera (the white part of the eye).  They can get darker and sometimes enlarge with puberty.  They are harmless and there is no treatment.