black streaks in vision
over the past several months I have notices that every once in awhile a black streak will run across my vision. It is very small and lasts less than a second before it is gone. It seems like it is coming from my left eye but I cant really tell. It mostly happens when i'm reading my math book for example: i'm copying a promblem down from the book onto paper so when I scan from the book to the paper a streak appears in my vision. It seems like it is happening more frequently.. any ideas?
No but it calls for a medical eye exam with a ophthalologist Eye MD. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH II MD
To find out the reason for this, it might be helpful for you to visit and eyeMD.  There are questions that the doctor may ask so it might be helpful to find out if it is one eye or both?  If you close your eye, can you still see this? If you move, does this streak move?  You can find a doctor to examined your eyes that is located near you at AAO.org.  
Dr. Sandy Feldman