Eye Care Community
blind from one eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

blind from one eye

Hi, my fiance is completly blind from one eye due to a childhood accident and i would like to know if there is a cure for that. Also I would like to know if being blind from one eye will effect the other eye and will it eventually lead to complete blindness in both eyes. Thamk you
1. If the eye is totally blind (no light perception) there is no cure.
2. Since he went blind due to accident it should have no effect on the other eye. Yearly exams by Eye MD opthalmologist and eye protection is very important.

JCH IIIMD
thanks alot for the information. Can you please let me know if because all vision is done by one eye will that make his eye weaker because it does not get any help from the blind eye. Thank you again for your help.
NO. If you cut off one arm the other arm doesn't get weaker or wear out because there's not another arm helping it.

JCH III MD
hi, my husband is blind from one eye do to a childhood incident. he now has a catarast and it gives him pain. Is there anything he can do?
It depends. Only a real live in person exam by an Eye MD eye ophthalmologist can tell.

JCH MD
i want to know whether person lost one eye in accident at age of 15 and not able to see anything, is there any possibilities to get the lost eye again through operation. as i heared "Stem Cell" treatment which can help to remove  eye blindness. Is the treatment is safe to use.
another query is regarding the effect of vision power after age of 45-50,what problems can occur.

Sir plz help me & rovide solutions n answer of this questions.
Thank you lot....
While there is great potential in stem cell therapy we are just at the very beginning and nothing practicle is out there to restore sight to a totally blind eye

JCH MD
hi im 24 years old 8 years ago i started to go blind 2 years later i was all my retina had ditached and nw i am getting episode where i cant see out of my left eye so im left bling for a few hours what are the chances of me going blind in my left also x
That is too vague to answer.
JCH MD
good day doctor.
My brother 23 years of age, had met a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago. His left eye can no longer see anything. Left pupil is still reactive to light. Left eye moves the same direction with the right eye. Is there any possibility that he could get back the sight of his left eye again?
The odds are against it however only a real live examination by an Eye MD ophthalmologist can tell. The most important thing is to protect the good eye from disease, injury and the effects of unhealthy living

JCH MD
Thank you doctor. Is there any medical or diagnostic examination that he could do to know if there is any retinal detachment or any damaged nerve that is connecting to the brain which prevents the eye from seeing anything? My brother said he can't feel any pain inside his eye or anywhere in the eyesocket. His eyeball, as we can see, is still the same as before...
Only a real live examination by an Eye MD ophthalmologist can tell.