Eye Care Community
blind spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

blind spot

yes i have a blind spot in the center of both of my eyes and it is blocking the signal to my brain clearly. are there glasses to help everything around the blind spot  i had a doctor get me clear around the blind spot but he did not make glasses for me then. is there a test or glasses anything that would help with this?
thank you for your time
First of all we all have a blind spot in our vision, on the outside, its where the optic nerve leaves the back of the eye, there is no retina over the optic nerve. This is called the "physiological blind spot" and we don't see it unless we go looking for it.

So let's say you have a blind spot due to disease that you are aware of. Glasses generally do not help that type of blind spot. A blind spot can be plotted out with a visual field test.

JCH MD