Eye Care Community
blinking and eyes burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

blinking and eyes burning

I  have been experiencing this issue ever since I was 9-10 years old, and I’m now 29..

This issue is Heavy Blinking of the eyes, eyes burning, and pressure in the head area.  It has been overwhelming at times, this issue becomes worse when I’m stressed nerves or tired.  

Things that help this are putting my arm over my head, biting my inner cheeks or  Cold Weather.  Like 50 degrees or colder..

I noticed that when I was in Basic Training 3 years ago, I started out just fine it was very cold outside the first 3 weeks, then it got much warmer outside then all of my normal side effects came into play, but for three weeks of my life they were gone almost completely..  I have a very hard time doing anything hands on because of this issue and it’s hard to deal with on a daily basis!!  With all this being said I’ve been to many eye doctors that give me eye drops that do nothing , my vision is 20/20 and I’m very disappointed that I have been to so many eye doctors and they just give me more eye drops and tell me to place a warm rag on my head, I come back pay the co pay $50 time and time again and get no results!!  I’m now scheduled to see an neurologist but I don’t want to be diagnosed with anything crazy that will keep me out of any jobs..   These are the main issue I’d like to get fixed if at all possible, if you can give some advise please do..
You really have to find someone who spend some time to figure this out. You have now had this for 20 years.  Consider seeing a corneal and external disease specialist for the burning.  The pressure sensation may be due to incorrect glasses.  Ask to have your refraction check and possibly a cycloplegic refraction.  The neurologist may have a clue to your heavy blinking.

Dr. O.