Eye Care Community
blood vessel in eye burst & turned to a blister

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

3 days ago I had what looked like a semi small blood vessel burst on the outer corner of my eye. I have never had such a thing happen. On day two, it looked like the blood vessel burst and spread. It did not hurt, but bothered me a little.
Now on day 3 the size has increased, and it now looks more like a clear blister that's a little red. The outer part of the blister is now touching my pupil & that part is very red.
Now that it has turned into a blister and touching my pupil it is very uncomfortable & irritating.
Do I need to see a doctor, or will it go away on its own?
A broken external blood vessel on the eye (subconjunctival hemorrhage) is common and not serious however pain in not a part of that problem. If you have pain see an Eye MD.

JCH MD