Eye Care Expert Forum
blue flash in the left eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

blue flash in the left eye

I have been having a blue flash in my left eye that lasts only a split second. Migranes (migraines) have been associated with flashes of light in the eye. I had migraines years ago that have subsided after chiropratic adjustments that aligned a severely misaligned vertebre in my neck. I have not been adjusted by a chiropractor in about two years. I do not know if the blue flahes are related to my misaligned vertebre or an unrelated circumstance. I have heard that a growth on the brain can cause flashes in the eye. Is anyone familiar with my situation?
Migraines don't cause that brief of flash. Begin with seeing an Eye MD ophthalmologist to rule out eye disease. IF you live in the USA find one near you at www.aao.org if you live elsewhere ask your GP to refer you. It is very very unlikely that this is brain tumor.

JCH MD