Eye Care Community
blurred spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

blurred spot

I just recently noticed a problem with my left eye. I noticed while wearing my contacts one day that my vision in my left eye had a blurred effect to it. I thought maybe it was the flourescent lighting in the store but when I got home, it never did seem to correct itself. After another day of it, I took out my contacts and wore my glasses for awhile. I had the same blurred vision coming from my left eye. When I took off my glasses, I began to look at an area of my apartment that was dimly lit. It seems I have a spot around the left corner of my eye. It is a spot that is like I looked into a bright light and the spot never diminished after. I am nearsighted and have been wearing contacts for 22 years and never had any other eye problems, like I said this just popped up about a couple weeks ago. I've been hoping it would diminish on its own but it hasn't and wondering what is going on with my eye. any help or advice of what it could be, I would appreciate.
You need to see an ophthalmologist ASAP.  This is probably a retinal problem.

Dr. O.