Eye Care Expert Forum
blurred vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

blurred vision
Posted By Kim on May 22, 1999 at 13:30:21
Hi.  My name is Kim and I am a 25 year old female.  I have been suffering from blurred vision 24 hours a day for the past 18 months.  I also have been suffering from migraines off and on for the same period of time.  I have seen 2 opthamologists who say my eyes are fine.  I am now seeing a neurologist.  I have had an MRI which came back normal but showed I have sinusitis. I had a spinal tap and that also came back normal.  I was wondering if sinusitis could be causing the blurred vision?  I wear contacts (-4.7 in both eyes) and was wondering if sinusitis wasn't to blame for my blurred vision maybe the contacts were.  The prescription changed acout the same time my blurred vision and headaches started.  It is very frustrating because I can't read a book without straining to focus and I am very light sensitive.  Maybe my prescription is wrong.  (My prescription before it changed was -5.25 in the left eye and -5 in the right eye).  I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me.
Sincerely,
Kim

Follow Ups:

Re: blurred vision HFHS MD - NI 5/22/1999
(0)